Ready for another popsicle? I sure am. And I must say, this batch is one of my finest yet. It doesn’t need much of an explanation; the ingredients speak for themselves. Fresh mango – aka, the king of fruit – is blended with yogurt, lime juice, honey, and some spices to create a creamy, sweet, and slightly tangy treat.
These pops are so healthy, it wouldn’t even be a sin to eat them for breakfast. Vegans, you can enjoy these, too! Just use a non-dairy yogurt or coconut milk in place of the greek yogurt. With that substitution, this recipe is perfect for anyone with dairy issues and anyone an anti-inflammatory diet.
But who cares about all that health stuff, when these pops are so delicious? Just whip these up and pop ‘em into the freezer for a sweet treat that’ll last the week (ok, maybe less… these are a little too tempting).
- 8 ounces mango, diced or sliced (about 2 large mangos)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt OR 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (the kind from a can)
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- In a blender or food processor, puree all ingredients until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and let freeze. Before serving, run the molds under warm water to loosen the pops.
- Calories - 75. Fat - 1g. Carbs - 14g (Dietary Fiber - 1g; Sugars - 13g). Protein - 4g.
- These are naturally gluten free. Vegans can use coconut milk and agave instead of yogurt and honey. To make this SCD-legal, use coconut milk or SCD-legal yogurt. With coconut milk, this also works for anti-inflammatory diets.